Is for Lady Elliot Island to remain a pristine coral cay within a green zone in the southern World Heritage Listed Great Barrier Reef Marine Park. We wish to provide a nature based destination, giving an opportunity for visitors from all over the world to experience the natural beauty and fragile ecosystem of a coral cay and its inhabitants, including the birds and the marine creatures, which live on or visit the island and its surrounding reef.
Is to be custodians of this pristine environment. To enable it to exist and be preserved as nature intended, while giving visitors the opportunity to experience it in an economically and ecologically viable way, without interfering with or having any adverse impact upon the long term sustainability of the island's unique ecosystem.
Our Values are to:
- Manage our resort and the environment in which it is located to a standard equal to, or better than, that required by legislation and best practice guidelines, and in a manner which will preserve and enhance the environmental values of the island and surrounding reef. To this end the resort has developed an Environmental Management System (EMS) which we will regularly review.
- Avoid any negative impact on environmental values unless absolutely necessary for the health or safety of visitors to the island.
- Educate and train our staff to ensure that they have a working knowledge of our EMS and their responsibilities under the EMS.
- Educate and inform guests about the environmental value of the island and its surrounding reef to ensure that their activities cause minimal disturbance to the fragile ecosystem.
- Research, develop and implement operational improvements to reduce the impact that the resort and its visitors may have on the pristine environment.