If you still have some energy left after an action packed day in the water, you can join one of our Activity guides for an evening activity. We have some exciting activities on offer, please refer to the Activities board to see what is scheduled each day.
- Island Whispers – Make your way to the lagoon bar at 6pm nightly for the gossip of the day and to book in for tomorrow's watersport activities.
- Night Stalk – Feeling adventurous? Discover Lady Elliot Island by night! Find our nocturnal animals and learn about our resident ghost on the island (bring your torches).
- Quiz Nights/ Bingo and Games Evenings – Come along to the Lagoon Bar as we put you to the test and see how much you have learnt during your stay on Lady Elliot Island. An entertaining evening for all ages with the games on offer rotating throughout the week.
- Evening Presentations – Learn more about the Great Barrier Reef and Lady Elliot Island during our evening presentations in the Reef Education Centre. The presentations on offer rotate throughout the week.
- Star Gazing – Enjoy our spectacular night time skies as you lie on the airstrip and gaze up to the heavens. Bring along your favourite nightcap and pillow.
- Turtle Tour – The Great Barrier Reef is one of the most important sea turtle habitats in the world and, every year from November to February, green and loggerhead turtles return to Lady Elliot Island to start a new life cycle. When the sun goes down, they clamber up the beach around the Resort to dig deep pits where they lay between 80 and 180 eggs. Our guides will help you find the best vantage point without disturbing the turtles while they lay their eggs or watch the tiny hatchlings as they make their way to the water. At the end of the nesting season from February to April, we watch again as hundreds of baby turtles make their way to the water.
Night Glass Bottom Boat
We also offer night glass bottom boat tours subject to numbers, tides and weather conditions. The Night Glass Bottom Boat allows you to discover the Reef at night without getting wet. The Great Barrier Reef comes alive at night, and you are able to experience the coral polyps awake. With our UV lights you can experience a whole different outlook to the Great Barrier Reef.
Cost: $30 Adult/$15 Child (3-12 years)