Living and Working on Lady Elliot Island
Lady Elliot Island is one of only three coral cay resorts on the Great Barrier Reef, Australia, and the only resort with direct flight access to the island airstrip. The island is located within the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park in the highest possible classification of Marine National Park Zone by GBRMPA, therefore conservation and education is our top priority.
Our award winning resort offers a unique working environment on a coral cay located a short flight out of Hervey Bay airport in the Southern Great Barrier Reef Marine Precinct. With our genuine commitment to ECO and environmental initiatives, Lady Elliot Island offers the chance to become a proud member of an award winning team.
All prospective employees need to have a friendly but professional manner and an ‘always happy to help’ attitude with a focus on giving excellent customer service. You will have excellent presentation, posses effective communication skills, show initiative and flexibility, able to work unsupervised and a strong team work ethic. The ability to respect and get along with your fellow workers is paramount in a remote working environment.
Additionally we encourage all applicants to consider our unique living and working environment in terms of remoteness & shared living arrangements. Working and living in a remote location is not for everyone, please note that there is no mobile phone reception on the Island but we do have access to the Internet via satellite.
Want to be part of our team?
We are always on the lookout for exceptional staff to join our award winning team in our Food and Beverage, Front Desk/Reception, Housekeeping and Maintenance Departments. We offer full time and casual positions and encourage the local community as well as the backpackers travelling around Australia to send in their resumes as application to any position/department of interest.
If you are interested in applying for a position on Lady Elliot Island, please download the 'Application for Employment form' and email the completed form and cover letter stating your preferred position of interest along with your resume to email@example.com.
Sales & Marketing Executive – Lady Elliot Island Eco Resort 'Home of the Manta Ray'
- General administration, correspondence & marketing activities
- Design/Co-ordinate promotional marketing material & campaigns
- Represent LEI at trade shows, industry events & networking functions
- Liaise with industry, regional tourism bodies, TEQ, TA, ATEC
- Establish and maintain industry relationships and conduct product update sessions with Travel agents/ Wholesale agents & ITO’s
- Public Relations – Draft press releases, liaise with media and co-ordinate famils to LEI
- Social media activities
- Maintain and develop business relationships
- Design & distribute bi-monthly LEI newsletter
- Monthly agent, origin & expenses reports
- Advanced PC knowledge and skills including social media applications
- High level of communication, relationship and time management skills
- Sense of humour
Position based on the Gold Coast. Applicants must have own transport. Preference will be given to candidates with demonstrated experience in a similar role. Salary based on experience.
If you are passionate about Ecotourism and would like to apply for this exciting position, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.