Living and Working on Lady Elliot Island
Lady Elliot Island is one of only three coral cay resorts on the Great Barrier Reef, Australia, and the only resort with direct flight access to the island airstrip. The island is located within the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park in the highest possible classification of Marine National Park Zone by GBRMPA, therefore conservation and education is our top priority.
Our award winning resort offers a unique working environment on a coral cay located a short flight out of Hervey Bay airport in the Southern Great Barrier Reef Marine Precinct. With our genuine commitment to ECO and environmental initiatives, Lady Elliot Island offers the chance to become a proud member of an award winning team.
All prospective employees need to have a friendly but professional manner and an ‘always happy to help’ attitude with a focus on giving excellent customer service. You will have excellent presentation, posses effective communication skills, show initiative and flexibility, able to work unsupervised and a strong team work ethic. The ability to respect and get along with your fellow workers is paramount in a remote working environment.
Additionally we encourage all applicants to consider our unique living and working environment in terms of remoteness & shared living arrangements. Working and living in a remote location is not for everyone, please note that there is no mobile phone reception on the Island but we do have access to the Internet via satellite.
Want to be part of our team?
We are always on the lookout for exceptional staff to join our award winning team in our Food and Beverage, Front Desk/Reception, Housekeeping and Maintenance Departments. We offer full time and casual positions and encourage the local community as well as the backpackers travelling around Australia to send in their resumes as application to any position/department of interest.
If you are interested in applying for a position on Lady Elliot Island, you need to download the Application for Employment form by clicking here, then email it back including a covering letter stating your preferred position of interest along with your resume to email@example.com
Sales & Marketing Executive – Gold Coast based
- General administration
- Daily email correspondence and marketing activities
- Assist in preparation of end of month reports/figures
- Design and distribute LEI e-newsletter
- Daily social media activities including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, YouTube and TripAdvisor
- Design/Co-ordinate promotional marketing material and campaigns
- Assist Marketing Manager with preparation of contracts and rates and distribute to local Agents, Travel Agents, Wholesalers and ITO's
- Attend marketing meetings, rate meetings and think tanks
- Develop and maintain relationships with Agents, Wholesalers and ITO's
- Ensure that we are contracted and brochured with Eastern Markets key Wholesalers and ITO's
- Responsible for Eastern Markets including advertising, trade events, networking functions and famils
- Conduct bi-monthly sales calls to Melbourne and Sydney Agents - product updates, relationship building and expanding opportunities
- Conduct weekly sales calls to Brisbane/Gold Coast/Tweed/Byron on a rotation basis
- Liaise with industry, Regional Tourism Organisations, TEQ, TA, ATEC regarding famils/media
- Public Relations – Draft press releases and liaise with media
- Work with our Reservations/Flight Operations Team to co-ordinate famils/media etc.
- Advanced PC knowledge and skills including Excel, Publisher and Social Media applications
- High level of communication, relationship and time management skills
- Understanding of Travel Agents, Wholesalers and Inbound Tour Operators
- Previous Sales & Marketing Experience
- Sense of humour
Applicants must have own transport. Preference will be given to candidates with demonstrated experience in a similar role (Hospitality/Tourism background). Salary based on experience.
If you are passionate about Ecotourism and would like to apply for this exciting position, please forward your resume toMartin Charlton firstname.lastname@example.org.