The Lady Elliot Island Great Barrier Reef all inclusive Day Tour is the only one of its type in Australia. The visit allows you to view one of the most pristine sections of Australia’s Great Barrier Reef from the air as well as from above and below the water all in one day.
Your tour commences with a pick up from your Gold Coast hotel at approx 6.00am and a complimentary transfer to our private terminal to board your scenic flight to the coral cay of Lady Elliot Island. Lady Elliot is regarded as one of the best snorkelling and diving locations on the reef, famous for its unspoilt coral reef and amazing array of marine life! On the way enjoy the aerial views of the Gold Coast, North and South Stradbroke Islands, Moreton Island and Fraser Island. Upon arrival on Lady Elliot Island, your guide will take you on a brief orientation tour of the island and escort you to the Day Guest facilities to collect your snorkel equipment.
You will then join a glass bottom boat & guided snorkel tour to view a large variety of coral and brilliantly coloured fish, with the possibility to encounter turtles, dolphins and the resident manta rays. A hot & cold buffet lunch is served in the restaurant and includes a choice of wine, beer and soft drink. After lunch, join your guide for fish feeding in the Fish Pond and at 2.30pm depart on a scenic flight back to the Gold Coast. The tour concludes at approx. 4.30pm with a return transfer to your hotel. A light breakfast and afternoon tea (bottled water & chocolate) are served inflight.
- Hotel transfers (limited areas apply)
- Return scenic flight to Lady Elliot Island (approx. 100 mins*)
- Welcome drink/Orientation tour
- Glass bottom boat/Guided snorkel tour
- Snorkel equipment (mask, snorkel & fins) and wetsuits
- Hot & cold buffet lunch including beer, wine and soft drink
- Towels, sunscreen and reef walking shoes provided
- Use of day guest facilities
- Fully guided tour
COST OF DAY TOUR EX GOLD COAST:
|Day Tour ex Gold Coast||30 March 2018 - 31 March 2019|
|Standard season: 30 March - 14 December 2018 & 29 January - 31 March 2019|
|Peak season: 15 December 2018 – 28 January 2019|
E & OE - The above prices were correct at the time of publication and should be used as a guide only. Please contact our Reservations Team for an accurate quote.
*Complimentary guest transfers for the Great Barrier Reef Day Tour includes Surfers Paradise Hotels and Resorts and properties located along the Gold Coast Highway between the Sundale Bridge and Coolangatta with the exception of Mercure Resort Gold Coast and the Royal Pines Resort. Guests staying outside this area can be picked up from a designated meeting place within these perimeters.
|DAY TRIP EX GOLD COAST||DAY TRIP EX GOLD COAST|
|DEPART GOLD COAST||ARRIVE LADY ELLIOT||DEPART LADY ELLIOT||ARRIVE GOLD COAST|
|approx. 06:45am||approx. 09:00am
||approx. 02:30pm||approx. 04:30pm|
*Flights are subject to change and may include transit stops
*Flight times vary depending on weather, aircraft type and possible transit stops
Gold Coast Airport:
- Check in at 14-16 Lores Bonney Circuit, Coolangatta
- Please check in 15 minutes prior to your departing flight
Child Policy: Children 3-12 years at child rate / Under 3 years free of charge
Please see our cancellation policy.
WHAT TO BRING:
- Swimsuit, comfortable walking shoes/crocs, hat, sunscreen and camera
- Reef walking shoes (covered toes)/crocs are highly recommended, if you do not have any we have some second hand shoes on the Island for guests to borrow
- Lockers available for hire
- All activities are subject to weather and tide conditions
Operates: Daily – Except Christmas Day (25 December)